Tier 2 Machines
Methane Gas is made from hydrogen and carbon, so the Methane Synthesizer requires a source of each one. Hydrogen is from its internal Hydrogen Gas tank. Carbon can be from either one of two sources:
- Fragmented Carbon in the carbon slot, or
- Carbon Dioxide gas from the Carbon Dioxide gas tank.
The Methane Synthesizer accepts Hydrogen Gas into its gas tank through a pipe connected on the input (left) side of the machine. The Hydrogen Gas can be made by the Water Electrolyzer machine or from another mod.
Three different types of pipes can be used:
- Galacticraft hydrogen pipes (added in version 18.104.22.168)
- a fluid pipe from another mod with fluid pipes
- a Pressurized Tube from Mekanism mod, if it is carrying hydrogen gas.
The Carbon Dioxide tank can receive Carbon Dioxide only if there is an Atmospheric Valve in the slot above it, and the machine will need to be on a planet with an atmosphere rich in Carbon Dioxide. Methane Synthesizer must be exposed to Carbon Dioxide-rich atmospheres to collect CO₂ from air. Inside a sealed space, the atmosphere is not "rich" in CO2 and the machine will not work.
When powered, the Methane Synthesizer will gradually convert the hydrogen and carbon into Methane Gas in its output tank.
|Left||Pipe input||Hydrogen Gas|
|Right||Pipe output||Hydrogen Gas|
|Top||Blank||(must be clear)|
Methane Gas can be removed from the output tank in three different ways:
- in a canister - place an Empty Canister in the output slot and it will be filled from the tank
- a fluid pipe can be connected on the output side (right side of the machine) - note that Galacticraft has no fluid pipe, so it would have to be a fluid pipe from another mod
- an Atmospheric Valve in the output slot will empty the output tank into the atmosphere (the Methane Gas will be lost)
- Mars has an atmosphere very rich in Carbon Dioxide.
- On the other hand, the Overworld is not rich in Carbon Dioxide, as the percentage is less than 0.1%.