|Day-night cycle duration||
-10h (30 Overworld days)
|Solar Energy Boost||
Day-night cycle, sky and weather
- Day length: 10 hours, 30 Overworld days (720,000 ticks). ~5.5 hours daytime, ~4.5 hours nighttime.
- It is highly recommended to bring a Cryogenic Chamber to skip long nights.
Tip: Divide Overworld days (from debug screen, F3) by 15. If the result is: even number = daytime, odd = nighttime
- The Sun moves backwards in the sky: rises in the west and sets in the east.
- Daytime: it's very hard to spot the sun due to haziness and thick clouds.
- Nighttime: the Overworld and stars barely can be seen. It's dark, really.
- Very hot and corrosive environment. Obtain the Shield Controller to protect your armor against corrosion.
- Constant lightning storm. The lightning bolts never reach the ground.
- Frequent acidic rain. The rain never reaches the ground: it is too hot. (Rain seen from build 173.)
- The atmosphere is 97% carbon dioxide and 3% nitrogen
- (Trace elements of other gases are not present in the game)
A Methane Synthesizer can use the atmospheric CO2, so that it does not need a source of carbon.
Gravity and fall damage
- About 61%.
- It is possible to jump 2 blocks high.
- Fall damage starts from 8.46 m.
- Fatal fall starts from 59.25 m.
- Flat plains with pumice deposits and lava pools/lakes.
- Vapor spouts (above the acid pockets).
- Mountains with steep scarps.
- Fallen meteors (rare occurrence).
- Average ground level: 76 m.
Biomes: Venus is subdivided into 3 biomes
- Venus plains
- Venus valley
- Venus mountains
- Caves and lava pools.
- 1-block lava pockets (a la Nether).
- Lava pools and lakes
- Sulfuric Acid pools underground with vapor spouts
- Crash site craters (Crashed Probes)
These blocks are generated as part of the terrain, including landscape structures.
- Venus Soft rock
- Venus Hard rock
- Volcanic Rock
- Scorched rock
- Vapor Spout
- Sulfuric Acid
- Lava (vanilla)
- Bedrock (vanilla)
These blocks are generated as mineable ores in the Venus underground.
These blocks are generated as part of Venus Dungeons.
- Venus Dungeon Brick I (walls and ceiling)
- Venus Dungeon Brick II (floor)
- Web Torch
- Glowstone (vanilla)
- Iron Bars (vanilla)
Venus has the default dimension ID number -31, named
Venus is saved in
- Venus Surface.png
View of the Venus Surface
- Venus Underground.png
A cave in Venus undergrounds
- Venus Sunset.png
View of a sunset on Venus.
- Venus Night.png
The night on Venus.
- Venus Sky.png
View of Overworld and the Sun seen in the Venusian sky.